Tuesday 14 August 2012

My review for Relative Deceit by Karen Aminadra.

4.0 out of 5 stars Intriguing, August 14, 2012
This review is from: Relative Deceit (Kindle Edition)
I enjoy a good mystery and this book `Relative Deceit' is certainly good. It held my attention from beginning to end. I love Miss Marple and Downtown Abbey, so it's no surprise I enjoyed this too.
The story is based around an upper class family, the Bancroft's.
Sir George Bancroft, his wife and three children find themselves suddenly bankrupt. Their situation is desperate...enter their saviour, distant cousin Gregory Rogers. He seems to have all the answers to their problems. But is he all he appears to be?
I quickly found myself immersed in the life of each character, especially Jane, Sir George's young daughter, a vulnerable and sweet girl. This is a fast paced story, with plenty of murders, villainy and deceit. I worried for Jane's safety...the sign of a good book.
The story is cleverly crafted, and kept me guessing right up to the end, and what an ending. It was perfect!
I also love the title and cover of the book, it's what attracted me to get it, and I'm glad I did.
If you like an exciting mystery, then you'll love `Relative Deceit.' I hope there will be more books from this author and soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment