Tuesday 13 August 2013

Armored Hearts. A Great Read.

When I bought Armored Hearts, I had no idea what steampunk was. And to be honest I'm still not sure. To me it's a fantasy, and very good too!
I won't go into a long breakdown of the story as that has already been done by others. Suffice to say this is a story based in Victorian times, about a young man, Lord Gareth.
He's stuck in a wheel chair and is pretty grumpy. However, when he saves a girl from falling out of a tree, that's when the fun begins. He realises he can fly...love it!
That's not all, it turns out his servants Sarah and Thompton are fae, but so is he, and King to boot.
The female lead character, Jessamine was very likable. She brought humour to the story. She was strong, but not overly feisty like so many heroines we read about these days.
I loved the way the relationship between Gareth and Jessamine evolved. I enjoyed seeing Gareth's attitude towards her change, especially when they married...unwillingly in Gareth's case. However, his unwillingness soon evaporated when faced with Jessamine's charms.
Armored Hearts is a great read. If you like fantasy, steampunk, fairies and excitement, then you'll love this. I'm looking forward to the sequel.

No comments:

Post a Comment