Monday 22 September 2014

A Great Read.

 
And Then Came a Lion by Cecilia Marie Pulliam is a great read. It's one of those books I was sorry to finish.
There were a few editing issues, nevertheless not enough to spoil my enjoyment of a really exciting story.
Susannah, the plucky heroin has a unique gift. She has dreams and visions of children being abducted by vile people. Because she sees the event ahead of time, she is able to rescue the children, all the while putting herself in grave danger.
This book tackles a subject that is very emotive. Yes, the story flows well, is fast paced, exciting, and filled with tension. However, I also found it challenging and at times moving. For me personally, it was a roller coaster ride of emotions, not least anger when you realise these awful things are happening in reality on a regular basis.
Like Susannah, I have to fight the hatred...the desire for revenge against the perpetrators of these heinous crimes against little ones.
I guess from this you can see how much the story affected me!
On a lighter note; I loved Susannah's dog, a Brittany spaniel called Buddy. Having never heard of the breed, I did a search...they sound like a lovely family dog.
Ms Pulliam has great descriptive skill. The way she writes you can't help but get involved with each and every character, good and bad.
I enjoyed this book very much, and look forward to reading the sequel.
http://www.amazon.com/Then-Came-Cecilia-Marie-Pulliam-ebook/dp/B00GKUP428/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1411402335&sr=1-1&keywords=then+came+a+lion

No comments:

Post a Comment