Thursday 23 May 2013

A Great Day Out.

Hubby and I had a lovely day out yesterday, with our friends. We drove to Coughton Court a beautiful stately home run by the National Trust. The gardens looked lovely. Perhaps not as colourful as they would have been if spring was  warmer. Nevertheless, the tulip display was breath taking; such a variety of colours and shapes. The weather was kind to us, so we enjoyed a gentle stroll around the lake and extensive gardens. Followed by tea and cake.
The house itself was fascinating, with a very interesting history. It was grand and yet managed to portray a homely atmosphere. I enjoyed climbing a spiral stone staircase up to the roof, where the views were awesome.
All in all a most enjoyable day.






Coughton Court is a house I will happily revisit.

4 comments:

  1. The pictures are positively beautiful. I'm glad you had fun =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a lovely day, Tayla. And for once the weather was kind to us. I hope all is well with you, and you're busy writing. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Busy writing, except for killer writer's block, but all is well otherwise :)

      Delete
  3. I find with writers block if I stop for a while and read something it can help. Otherwise, just keep writing and something will appear and start you off again. Keep at it!

    ReplyDelete